ETERNAL SWEET TIMES

ETERNAL SWEET TIMES

Saturday, February 5, 2011

we live in conservative times









Jim Verburg takes beautiful photo's, he sent me these pic's of my studio from Open Studio Day at Banff, I was pretty nervous about the event, but it turned out to be an awesome afternoon.


I had fun chatting with the different people that came through. I remember having an amazing conversation with one of the librarians there. She was around in the sixties and we were talking about then in comparison to now- she said something that has been ringing through my head ever since:


WE LIVE IN CONSERVATIVE TIMES

She helped me out a lot during my time in Banff. I'd write out a request in pencil on a little slip of paper and she would go to the basement to sift out old Allan Kaprow exhibition catalogues and Liz Magor lecture tapes from the amazing archives there for me. 


Jim Verburg is a busy man. He just had a show in Prague, you can see what he is getting up to here ^




No comments: